Today’s post comes from our amazing injector Amy.
She’s sharing her tips on how to reduce bruising and swelling, so you’ll want to save this for your upcoming injectable appointment!
Nobody has to know our secrets and I pride myself on having a gentle technique, but there’s only so much I can do to prevent bruising and swelling.
So here are my 5 tips on what YOU can do before and after your appointment to keep your secrets safe.
TIPS TO REDUCE BRUISING AND SWELLING
1. Avoid exercise for 24 hours before and after injections.
2. Avoid alcohol for 48 hours before and after injections.
3. Avoid medications and supplements that increase bruising for 7 days before and continue for 1 day after injections. These include Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Vitamin E, fish oil, and other omega-3 fatty acids.
4. Begin taking Arnica and Bromelain 5 days before injections and continue for 5 days after injections. These supplements have healing properties.
5. Begin taking Zyrtec and Pepcid 5 days before injections and continue for 5 days after injections. These medications reduce histamines to control swelling.
With these pre and post-care tips and my light touch, we can both do our part to keep your injections on the down low.
Give us a call at 972-943-8633 to schedule your next appointment or book online here